TB Flowtones Virtual Analog Synthesizer
Thanks to it's true VA synthesis engine, the use of analog-modelled non-linear filters and extensive modulation options, Flowtones sounds warmer and more analog than digital romplers and wavetable-based synths.
TB Flowtones comes as stand-alone app (with IAA support) as well as AUv3 plugin.
True virtual analog synthesis features:
- 4 VCO architecture (two voice layers with two VCOs each)
- 4 synthesis engine types, in part modelled after famous analog synthesisers
- 36 analog VCO waveforms featuring all classic waveforms and more
- All VCO waveforms support pulse width modulation
- Full stereo and mono unison modes for each VCO independently
- Noise and subharmonic oscillators for each VCO
- Unique ring and self-modulation matrix
- High-quality, warm, non-linear filters (VCF) with over 30 filter types, including unique multi-resonance filters
- Four LFOs with 30 waveforms each
- LFOs can modulate other LFOs, including themselves!
- Three additional envelope generators, with key velocity modulation
- Quick access to modulation strengths through context menus
- Hundreds of modulation signal paths available
- LFOs can produce noise as waveform to randomly modulate other parameters; for example to simulate slight variations in analog filter parameters as they happen in analog circuits.
- Studio-quality reverb, delay, and chorus effects
- Unique formant filter to add vocal character
- Analog and digital distortion / bit crushing effects
- Master equaliser and peak limiter for final touch
- Non-linear power supply simulation for authentic interaction between notes
- Fully integrated, intuitive step sequencer
- Can trigger chords and note series / phrases
- Can run asynchronously or synchronously to the host
- Smart copy/paste of note series to improve workflow
- Smart zoom: edit fine details while keeping an overview over the full sequence
Presets and intelligent randomizer
- Flowtones comes with hundreds of presets to spark your creativity
- Intelligent randomizer to explore endless sound synthesis possibilities
What you should know:
- Inter-App Audio (IAA) can only use one instance of this app simultaneously. We recommend to use an AUv3 host to use multiple instances.
- Licenses acquired for this platform are not compatible with other platforms.
- Audio Unit (AUv3) extensions require an iPad mini 2, iPad 4 or later models.
How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in Apple Garageband for iOS:
How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in Steinberg Cubasis for iOS:
How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in Audio Evolution Mobile Studio for iOS:
How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in AUM - Audio mixer: