Kompresor is a versatile and powerful, yet easy to use, compressor. With several compression algorithms under the hood, Kompresor is suitable for use on a wide variety of signals, on the mix bus, or for mastering.
For the most transparent compression, ideal for mastering, use AUTO or "AUTO A" envelopes. Use PROGRAM envelope for an easy mix bus gluing effect. If you are after the classic style compression switch to feedback configuration. Select RMS detector for a smoother compression suitable for vocals, guitars, etc.
To help you fine tune compression parameters, enable DELTA feature to monitor only the difference between the uncompressed and compressed signal. Last but not least, Kompresor has an external side chain input for those times when you need to duck one signal based on another one.
– Four types of compression Attack/Release envelopes SIMPLE, AUTO, AUTO A, and PROGRAM.
– External sidechaining (only in hosts that support external sidechaining)
– Very fast attack time - 0.01ms
– Ratio up to 30:1
– Soft knee up to 50dB width
– Feedforward and feedback configuration
– Peak and RMS detectors
– Sidechain high pass filter
– Parallel processing
– Monitoring only the difference between the uncompressed and compressed signal
– Intelligent auto makeup gain
– 4x oversampling to avoid aliasing
– Plenty of factory presets to provide a starting point
Kompresor is primarily an AUv3 effect. To use Kompresor as a plug-in, you will need an AUv3 compatible host such as Garageband, AUM, etc.
Kompresor application is there to provide a user manual and a chance to use Kompresor with the microphone input.