Amazing groovebox that gives you an hypnotising music-making experience. It's an innovative step-sequencer and MIDI controller that lets you make unique loops and melodies. You don't have to be musical to get up and running - just randomly pinch and swipe away until something catches your ear, but also there are plenty of advanced synthesis features here too for the savvy musician.
The app is easy to pick up, it is fun to sketch out ideas. You can play for hours but also produce high quality tracks of any music style within minutes. Check the support page (2beat.io/oscilab) to see a 2 minute video, watch and hear for yourself what's it all about.
• 28 wave shapers: controlling frequency, filter cutoff, amplitude and pan on all the channels.
• 6 Channel mixer, with 2 FX channels.
• Live XY pads: 6 pads to tweak the frequency and cutoff of the generated patterns in real time.
• Drum Machine with 15 high-quality drumkits.
• Analog Synth with two oscillators, featuring ring modulation, frequency modulation and ADSR control.
• 36 high-quality sampled instruments.
• Global harmonic control: change all the arpeggiators tune settings from a single place.
• MIDI support: control other apps and devices, mapping individual channels to different destinations. Use waves to control notes, velocity and custom CC messages. Also supports MIDI-clock sync, sending and receiving start, stop and tempo changes.
• Record and upload your mixdowns to SoundCloud, Dropbox or other installed apps.
• Supports Audiobus, IAA, Audiocopy, Audioshare and Background-audio.
• Universal App: Oscilab runs on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices.