Are you struggling with chords for your track?
Get inspired and start writing chords like a pro with Navichord. Navichord is a musical instrument and a songwriting tool making music theory a breeze.
Create lush chord progressions. Loop progressions in sync with other apps. Trigger chords from your MIDI footswitch. Learn relations between chords and scales. Play along on the on-screen piano keyboard. Save chords to pads. Oh, it is also a powerful MIDI controller with every key and pad being a configurable XY pad (full version).
Join thousands of happy producers all over the world. #1 music app in 23 countries.
"Excellent iOS chord and harmony exploration app."
"Top iOS MIDI Performance App"
"Killer iOS Music App"
LITE VERSION LIMITATIONS
• No Ableton Link
• No Audiobus and Audiobus Remote
• No Inter-App Audio
• No MIDI
• Limited user preset slots
• Play simple chords (minor, major) with one finger from any root
• Play complex chords (sevenths, ninths) with just two or three fingers from any root
• Play 28 musical scales from any key
• Compose easily with Roman numeral chord names
• Use the same chord shape for any root
• Discover interesting chord progressions
• Find chords matching a melody
• Find a melody matching chords
• Learn chord structure from the piano keyboard and play along
• Quick save discovered chords to chord pads
• Save chord progressions
• Find chords matching selected scale
Audiobus and Inter App Audio (full version):
• Record to GarageBand, Loopy, Beatmaker 2 and many more
MIDI support (full version):
• Connect to soft synths via virtual MIDI (Animoog, Thumbjam, Magellan, Sampletank and many more)
• Connect to hardware synths and external keyboards
• Send MIDI control messages from keys and pads
"The update to version 2.0 just made this an almost new app in terms of functionality. Everything from the pad layouts, scales, new graphics to the sounds work together really well. Also, the new sounds are really, really good (great strings and choir samples). IMHO that this app just quadrupled in value with this free update." - Music-311
"Thanks for such an awesome app, I love that it lets you intuitively visualize and experiment with a "Tonnetz" layout, and better understand Neo-Riemannian theory - as such, Navichord is the perfect gateway from abstract, heady harmony concepts to immediate and practical music being played- a priceless possibility! And it looks beautiful and the tones are great, to boot" - RepentHarlequin73
"I'm really exited about this app, it's very useful and creative. the scales that you can choose are abundant. The easy settings & alternative scales, help you create song and melodic idea's in an instance, without bothering your workflow." - Subliminal Noize
"This is really a nice, simple, clean app. I love the way you laid out the UI and I especially like that single notes can be tapped first and then dragged seamlessly between notes to produce the chord, then back to another single note if desired. For what it's worth, here are five stars... ***** This app will replace several other more expensive "chord progression lab" apps that I own because I think it's UI design is excellent and perfect for my needs." - ZenLizard
"Find using the harmonic grid more intuitive than a piano keyboard, being able to press in the middle of three circles to get major and minor chords is genius. Experimenting with chord patterns and having the chord name at the top and the root and other keys displayed on the keyboard, is helping me get my head around more complex chords." - mister-rz
"It can definitely be a source of inspiration." - Luca