Create your own MIDI plugins: MIDI filters, generative music tools, basic sequencers, MIDI control panels, chaos experiments... Let your imagination take you places.
Mozaic runs inside your favorite AU MIDI host, and gives you practical building blocks such as LFOs, pre-fab GUI layouts, musical scales, AUv3 support (with AU Parameters, transport events, tempo syncing, etc.), random generators and a super-simple yet powerful script language. Mozaic even offers quick access to your device’s Tilt Sensors for expressive interaction concepts!
The Mozaic Script language is designed from the ground up to be the easiest and most flexible MIDI language on iOS. A language by creatives, for creatives. You’ll only need to write a few lines of script to achieve impressive things - or to create that uber-specific thing that was missing from your MIDI setup.
Check out the Programming Manual on Ruismaker.com to learn about the script language and to get inspiration for awesome scripts of your own.
Mozaic comes with a sizable collection of tutorials and pre-made scripts which you can use out of the box, or which can be a starting point for your own plugin adventures.
Features in a nutshell:
- Easy to learn Mozaic Script language: easy to learn, easy to read
- Sample-accurate-everything: the tightest MIDI timing possible
- Built-in script editor with code-completion, syntax hints, etc.
- 5 immediately usable GUI layouts, with knobs, sliders, pads, etc.
- In-depth, helpful programming manual available on Ruismaker.com
- Easy access to LFOs, scales, MIDI I/O, AU parameters, timers
- Supports Sysex, with built-in checksum calculations
- AUv3; so you'll get multi-instance, state-saving, tempo sync and resource efficiency out of the box
Mozaic opens up the world of creative MIDI plugins to anyone willing to put in a few hours and a hot beverage or two.
- Mozaic requires a plugin host with support for AUv3 MIDI plugins (AUM, ApeMatrix, Cubasis, Auria, Audiobus 3, etc.)
- The standalone mode of Mozaic lets you edit, test and export projects, but for MIDI connections you need to run it inside an AUv3 MIDI host
- MIDI is not sound; Mozaic on its own does not make noise... so bring your own synths, drum machines and other instruments!
- AUv3 MIDI requires iOS11 or higher